Delta monitor tub-shower faucet

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Delta monitor tub-shower faucet

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I have a problem with the delta monitor 1700 series t&s faucet, the problem is that after the faucet has been in service for a few months the stainless steel on the cart. starts to squeak with the seats & springs. When I install the faucets I use faucet lube on the cart. but after a while it wears off. I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem? If so have you been able to correct it. I just started using a new faucet lube just hoping this will help, too soon to know.
        Thanks IPLUMB in Michigan

Participant

I have never used a lube when I install them. In fact that is the valve I have in my own house and after two years they still operate properly. It is possible that the lube is attacking the rubber seats and making them sticky or hard.

Participant

Good thinking but I started lubing them up, only after this problem started. But I too have two of them in my house, and one in my brothers house none of which have ever been lubed, they all started making noise so when I install them now I have started using lube. Mine are three years old this month, They are still my favorite t&s faucet.

» This message has been edited by iplumb on 04 December 2001

Participant

In reply to message posted by iplumb:
              Good thinking but I started lubing them up, only after this problem started. But I too have two of them in my house, and one in my brothers house none of which have ever been lubed, they all started making noise so when I install them now I have started using lube. Mine are three years old this month, They are still my favorite t&s faucet.

Have you checked for possible hard water conditions?

Also I use “Key grease” also on valve and faucet stems to prevent friction.

Ever see the new Moen cartridge full of grease even with the “O” rings.

Contact Delta and they will send you new replacement parts send a request on your company letter head it helps.

SylvanLMP

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This