45 elbow in sewer line vent stack???

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing 45 elbow in sewer line vent stack???

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

My current vent stack goes through the bathroom floor about two feet from the wall. i was wanting to install a 45 elbow vertically to move it closer to the wall and 45 up to the roof. i was wondering if this is up two code. it doesn’t seem that it would trap any sewer gas.see diagram below.
        | up through roof
        | 45 up
        / bend too wall
        45 to wall |
        | base of stack

Participant

put in 90′ if you like, as long as there is correct grade

Participant

thanks bungie1! one more quick question. did you mean by correct grade at 1/4″ per foot as on drainage.

Participant

I try to refrain from using 90 degree fittings in plumbing as much as possible.

The 90 degree maybe a place to collect debris that may fall down the vent stack like leaves etc.

The 45 offset would not allow build up as readily and gives for a more uniform flow of sewer gases (less restriction)

SylvanLMP

Participant

One in sixty over here. Thats one inch every sixty, one metre every sixty metres etc etc

DISCLAIMER

All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed Plumber and Drainer with my own business in Brisbane Australia

Participant

One in sixty over here. Thats one inch every sixty, one metre every sixty metres etc etc

DISCLAIMER

All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed Plumber and Drainer with my own business in Brisbane Australia

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This