my mystery water softener

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing my mystery water softener

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

HELP!! I just moved into a new home and it has a water softner. I don’t know if the unit is cycling, and I dont even know what brand it is it doesn’t have a face plate . I know the city has very hard water 45-56 grain and has rust (typical for Minnesota). The unit has a timer that has the entire week and hours for each day. There are pins in this timer do they need to be in or out to start the cycle for each day. I realise it shouldn’t be run every day because of the extreem hardness of the water, the unit also has a brine tank how much and how often does salt need to be added?
        There are two adults in the home, so how often does the softener need to cycle to give us soft water? The previous owner said he repaired the unit do I need to be concerned that the entire unit might need to be replaced? Please help. Jacque

Participant

Your control head sounds like a Fleck (brand) head. I would call a local water treatment dealer to assist you in the initial inservice of your equipment. I have included 2 links for you to read on the subjets. One is infomation on water softeners the other is information regarding reverse osmosis systems.

Respectfully David F. Walling
          Water Softeners

» This message has been edited by daveroconn on 21 November 2001

Participant

This is the other link.Reverse Osmosis systems

» This message has been edited by daveroconn on 21 November 2001

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This