Leaking Shower

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Leaking Shower

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

In the instructions for testing to determine the location of a leak, it says to “CAP all your shower heads”. I am trying to find a leak but need to know what this means. Any help is appreciated.

Participant

It means remove the shower rose and cap off the outlet at the wall. But its better if you use a pressure gauge on the outlet, then turn the tap on then off. If the pressure drops straight away you have a leak.

DISCLAIMER

All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or
          will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed plumber with my own business in Brisbane Australia

Participant

What type of leak are you trying to find? Capping the shower head will normally only test the pipe from the faucet to the shower head. That is also the easiest pipe to check without going to that trouble.

Participant

Fourth Year,The instructions say to cap all shower heads.Now what kind of a leak do you suppose he is looking for? DA

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This