toilet repair

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing toilet repair

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

The top piece of the toilet drainage pvc has a crack in it. I would like to know if there is a way to fix it without tearing thru the ceiling?
        Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Avatar photoRobert Stephen Morton
        Participant

Jt. If there is a crack there is a reason for the crack – could be stress – is there any expansion joints in the vicinity? is the ground movement a problem? is the toilet puting stress on the Pvc pipe?. Jt. You could get some handy man to weld the pvc. however there is a reason for the pipe to crack! call in a licensed Plumber

Participant

What makes you think the pipe is cracked if its inside an unopened ceiling ??

DISCLAIMER

All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or
            will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed plumber with my own business in Brisbane Australia

Participant

By the top piece do you mean the flange? If so, it is sometimes possible to split it and peel it off the drain pipe, but it should be done by a professional or you may have to replace the entire piece.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This