FILLING HOT WATER HEAT SYSTEM TO AVOID AIR POCKETS

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing FILLING HOT WATER HEAT SYSTEM TO AVOID AIR POCKETS

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

My hot water baseboard heat system has a new air purger an automatic/manual water feed and a new expansion tank. The pipe routing on the baseboard heat is not the best layout lots of turns. It has a single bleed valve at the highest point. No one can seem to fill the system fully. Not even close , at present it’s about 2/3 full.I’v got a large air pocket. As a result I get major water gushing sounds every time the heat goes on, not to mention the ineffeciant operation and boiler popping. SO how do I fill this system? What are some of the tricks? Backflow filling ? whatever that is. Filling the system very very slowly so as not to trap the air? Someone suggested I may have a bowed pipe which is traping air. I’m hoping I don’t have to have bleeder valves installed everywhere. Can you fill a system without the boiler on, just the circulator? The system worked fine when I moved in. It was drained once and now I’m stuck with this problem. I’v had 3 plumbers here so far. I’m at my witts end. Can anyone please salvage my opinion of the trade? Thanks RDB

Participant

If your near the NYC contact me this is a possible fix

SylvanLMP

Participant

Regardless of how fast or slow the system is filled, air will gravitate to all the high points in the system, not just the one with the air vent. If there is more than one high point air vents have to be installed in them also, or a means of pressure purging the system has to be provided.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This