CAN’T GET AIR OUT OF HEATING SYSTEM / TEMPOARY BASEBOARD INSTALLA<

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing CAN’T GET AIR OUT OF HEATING SYSTEM / TEMPOARY BASEBOARD INSTALLA<

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Fellas, The winter is not far off, I’m a novis and I need some help. As part of a remodel the hot water baseboard was removed in my first level. I have two zones. First level second level. The plumbers refilled the the system with water after the first level was removed and caped off. Since that time I’ve had the same plumbers over twice and a new plumber over once to get the air out of my system. There’s lots of gurgeling especially when the boiler first goes on, and popping noises in the boiler. They have not been able to do it. They talk about back filling slow filling all kinds of things that I’m not familiar with. Bottom line It’s still doing the same thing. I only have one bleeder valve at the highest pointin the system What the heck is the solution to this problem?
        The second question: I want to continue the remodeling work this winter and spend some time in my first level, but I have no heat down there. I need to have electrical, framing and some additional plumbing work done. The studs are open. I’m not near ready for the baseboard to be installed, but I need heat down there. Can I have installed some temporary sections of baseboard on flexable tubing (automobile heater hose?) so my contractors can move it out of the way when needed and I can use the space during the winter. Thanks for your help RDB

Participant

How about thinking Electric heaters for the time eing ANd get a decent quality air elimator or a Hoffman #75 works for me

SylvanLMP

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This