my toilet blew up?!

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing my toilet blew up?!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

My toilet blew all the water out of the bowl. I went into the bathroom and there was water all over the toilet seat and the floor. The bowl was dry. When I flushed it, it returned to normal. There is no plumbing above it, so what’s up? I’m baffled!

Participant

Sometimes when a system is drained and air gets into the lines this very dangerous condition can actually blow the China fixture to smithereens.

Air is compressible and water is not thus if excessive air is present it will blow the water seal completely out BE CAREFULnull

SylvanLMP

Participant

I have seen situations when municipalities have been jetting a sewer main and have caused back pressure to discharge from the toilet. It has been known to scare the shit out of people sitting on it at that moment.

Participant

Sounds like you have a blocked drain and then empty’d either a bath or washing machine to cause the blow back of air

DISCLAIMER

All advice is given with-out seeing the job, and hence all advice MUST be taken as advice with limited knowledge on the exact situation. NO responsibility can or
              will be taken. And yes, I am a licensed plumber with my own business in Brisbane Australia

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This