FAUCET PROBLEMS

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing FAUCET PROBLEMS

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keymaster

I HAVE A DELTA OR A SIMULAR FAUCET IN MY BATHROOM IN THE SHOWER WHICH IS A ONE KNOB FAUCET IN THE TUB THE KNOB CAN BE PUSHED UP TO TURN THE WATER ON OR SIDE TO SIDE FOR HOT OR COLD OR STRAIGHT DOWN TO TURN OFF. WELL THE FAUCET DOESN’T WANT TO TURN COMPLETLY OFF. THE WATER CONTINUES TO TRICKLE DOWN AND I WAS WONDERING IF THERE ARE REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR THE KNOB. I TOOK THE KNOB APART AND THERE IS A METAL RODE WITH AT BALL ON THE END OF THE ROD TO MOVE THE BAR AROUND FOR ON HOT OR COLD OR OFF. WHEN THE FAUCET IS PUSHED DOWN TO TURN OFF THE PLASTIC (HARD) ON THE INSIDE LOOKS WORN AND THE FAUCET WHEN TURNED OFF WILL NOT STOP NOW IF I PUT PRESSURE AND HOLD THE KNOB DOWN THE WATER STOPS BUT THE MINUTE
        IT IS LEFT UP THE WATER STARTS TRICKLING. HELP. IS THIS EASY TO REPLACE?? I HAVE A HUSBAND THAT IS LAZY AND I HAVE TO DO ALL REPAIRS. I’M IN THE DARK.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.

THANKS SONYA

Participant

The knob just operates the mechanism. You need replacement parts for the operating mechanism, not the handle. If your husband is too lazy to fix it, it might be a good thing since it is easy to destroy a Delta faucet while taking it apart. Your safest thing since you are not familiar with it, is to call a plumber. If you try to repair it, and do it incorrectly or use too much force, you will wind up with a faucet in two pieces and very few plumbers know how to put them back together again and thus will have to install an entirely new faucet. This is big bucks.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This