Water Hammer Problem

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Water Hammer Problem

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

My home is on city water, it is about 13 years old. This summer, I replaced the electric water heater. I turned on all the water valves to get the air out of the lines, but I have a severe water hammer problem. When I run the water a lot, the problem will go away for a day or maybe two, then it will always return . I even installed some small devices that I found at Home Depot, but no help.. Maybe I am not getting the air out of the system .. But I think I was doing it correctly.. Any ideas about what is going on here ? Thanks

Participant

Could be loose pipes, loose or insufficient pipe saddles, vibating components within a control or isolating valve.
          Check the piping system and valves as far as access permits and install additional pipe saddles where necessary.
          Should the pipes be flapping around in a wall cavity, a low pressure foam injected into the wall cavity through a pin hole in the wall cladding may solve the problem.
          A scan of the wall may be necessary to locate the position of the pipes so that the foam injection is correctly placed.
          Good luck.

Participant
            Participant

quote:

Originally posted by guardian:
              Could be loose pipes, loose or insufficient pipe saddles, vibating components within a control or isolating valve.
              Check the piping system and valves as far as access permits and install additional pipe saddles where necessary.
              Should the pipes be flapping around in a wall cavity, a low pressure foam injected into the wall cavity through a pin hole in the wall cladding may solve the problem.
              A scan of the wall may be necessary to locate the position of the pipes so that the foam injection is correctly placed.
              Good luck.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This