Mystery Valve Type

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Mystery Valve Type

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • #275213

      Question: What type of valves are used in USA to isolate each individual residential home-unit (condo)from the main supply to the complex.
      For example, here in Sydney, Australia, we use loose-jumper cocks. (no it’s not a kangaroo!)
      They are usually located within the home-unit, positioned either under the kitchen sink, the laundry tub or in the bathroom behind a duct cover.
      Whats used in USA?

    • #291446
      fourth year

      Not sure what a “loose jumper cock” is, but sounds like it might be hard to keep track of. If the unit has a main shut off, it is usually a gate/ball valve. It may be in a water heater room or under a sink, and occassionally outdoors. If there is no central shut-off then each fixture, including the tub/shower valve, has its own shut-off.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This