Alt. hot/cold in shower (revised)

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Alt. hot/cold in shower (revised)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Ok, maybe I didn’t give enough info. The shower temp is controlled by one knob – turning right/left makes water cold/hot. The shower runs at the set temp for about 30 seconds before shooting out scalding water then cold water. The alternating hot/cold then persists throughout the shower. One hot water heater is used to heat 4 apartments, but is locked behind a door and I can’t get to it to find out any specifics. The building is about 25 years old and I would imagine it’s the original plumbing. My landlord has sent out maintenance 3 times, replaced the lower element, and done who knows what else, but the problem persists. Any suggestions will help at this point.

Avatar photoRobert Stephen Morton
        Participant

Jen. your landlord is sitting in a minefield of litigation. Get a LMP to test the incoming hot & cold water temps & pressures, and ask him to give a report on the system. Then send the landlord a copy of the letter, requesting him to correct the problem (there is a problem.

Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Robert Stephen Morton:
            Jen. your landlord is sitting in a minefield of litigation. Get a LMP to test the incoming hot & cold water temps & pressures, and ask him to give a report on the system. Then send the landlord a copy of the letter, requesting him to correct the problem (there is a problem.

I could not agree more PLUS I would strongly suggest having a qualified plumber install a Temperature & Pressure balance showerbody also

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This