low water flow in kitchen

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing low water flow in kitchen

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I live in SE Michigan, where we have had a long dry spell recently, complete with water usage restrictions, etc. The water flow in my kitchen and bathroom had been low, and someone suggested cleaning the aerator screens, which worked well. They got full of grit again, and I cleaned them again, successfully. This time the kitchen water flow is low, but there is no grit. In fact, when I take the whole aerator end off, the flow is still too low. I don’t know what else to do! Anybody have any thoughts?

Participant

Try forcing the strongest pressure side of your faucet into the weakest one.

For example open open the bath tub hot and cold faucets then remove the aerator from yuor basin faucet and hold your finger over the faucet opening.

By doing this and opening the HOT and COLD you maybe able to forced out sediment that could be.
          blocking these lines.

This happens a lot in older buildings when we have to work on the water mains in high rises.

Participant

Try forcing the strongest pressure side of your faucet into the weakest one.

For example open open the bath tub hot and cold faucets then remove the aerator from yuor basin faucet and hold your finger over the faucet opening.

By doing this and opening the HOT and COLD you maybe able to force out sediment that could be.
            blocking these lines.

This happens a lot in older buildings when we have to work on the water mains in high rises.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This