Leaking compression joint

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Leaking compression joint

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I live in the UK and here’s my problem. I have a compression joint connecting a 22mm copper pipe to an old 3/4 inch copper pipe. I’ve used an imperial olive on the old pipe side but it still leaks even after retrying a couple of times with new olives. I’ve tried wrapping PTFE tape around the olives but no luck with that either. Any advice?

The problem is made even more infuriating by the fact that the pipe is between another pipe and the wall thus restricting access with various spanners/wrenchs. Any advice?

Alan B
        Middlesex
        England

Participant

Double check very carefully that the compression nut/ring are not split with as hair line crack,

Good luck Mate

Participant

check the brass hex nipple between the olives/nuts as I have had a few faulty ones over the years. Right down to last thursday morning.

Participant

quote:

Originally posted by bungie1:
              check the brass hex nipple between the olives/nuts as I have had a few faulty ones over the years. Right down to last thursday morning.

Bungie do you blokes really use compression fittings inside a wall?

Participant

No, I didnt say I that, I said that I have had a few unions crack on the main body not just the olives.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This