Noisy Bath Drains.

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Noisy Bath Drains.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

When I run water out of the bath through the waste pipes I get a very loud gurgling noise,how can I stop this? I have fitted a U-Trap and have a combined waste and overflow.
        Best regards,
        Stuart.

Participant

The gurgling noise is a sign that the drain is operating at its maximum capacity. When it starts to plug up the noise will stop.

Participant

“a sign that the drain is operating at its maximum capacity”

this is a joke right, wheres the camera?

Participant

Maybe Sylvan was right about Fourth Year

Participant

How long have you guys been in the business? When the drain is operating at its maximum capacity it is aspirating air from the overflow and thus creates the gurgling noise. Class will start next week for beginners to the plumbing service business.

Participant

Fourth Year,Maybe you should sign up for the classes.Thirty three years in the business

Participant

33 years. Sounds like you should sign up for the classes.

Participant

Why has kenny b and racefanone not given a reply to the original question? Is it perhaps they themselves do not know the answer

Sylvan know what he is talking about, do they?

A forum such as this is for learning and education. To knock someone for what he/ she knows or does not know results in that person withdrawing from making an input. Let us be more charitable and give constructive criticsim like Sylvan does.
                      [Edited by DP on 14 July 2001]

Participant

I teach the classes. 50 years in the business and own the company.

Participant

Sorry, the gurgling noise is the liguid seal in the trap being pulled out by the draining water, thus gasping for air. this is an indication of improper venting. the vents main purpose is to protect the trap seal. try drinking a glass of water while holding your nose, now you’ll understand why. A trap must have a liquid seal of 2-4 inches to maintain its self cleansing ability.If you’d like to take this a little further with sizes and distances allowed, feel free to e-mail me.
                          kenny b

Participant

The gurgling is air trying to come back up the line since the downline side is blocked/restricted. Check to see if you have hair or tree roots in the line

Participant

no.1- this is a fixture drain
                              no.2- the original post never stated there was a draining problem, just noise when it drained
                              no.3- this is basic fecal matter(I’m working on my people skills)

Viewing 11 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This