water pressure question

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing water pressure question

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I was not sure if this would be a place for me to pose my question, but since seeing other similar questions…here goes. I’m building a new home in a rural area (USA). A community water system is in place. My new home is less than 3/10ths of a mile from the end of the water line. The water folks have a line that is two inches with 15 homes on it at this point. A big water tower supplies (high on a hill about 1 mile away) the water.
        After meeting with them they have a concern about pressure and effecting others on the line. My family already has two homes on the line and both are between me and the meters. Both homes have outstanding water pressure. In fact I asked the water folks if any of the 15 customers have complained and their answer was “no.”
        They said they would run me a line if I could get someone (of expertise) to let them know if it would work. Go figure.
        Here is the deal…I am 3/10s of a mile away from the source. I can run the line almost directly and downhill except you must leave the higway and climb a small hill to the housesite at the end (about 30 or 40 feet up).
        What size line do I need to pull this off? (2inch?)
        What is your thought about pressure?
        They will run it if I say yes…Are there pros who can help?
        Any response appreciated!

Avatar photoRobert Stephen Morton
        Participant

To answer your question, one would need to know the full flow pressure at the source, the exact elevation of the tank, the exact length of run from source to house and the requirements of the house.

Participant

Robert,
            Thanks for the help…I’m gathering info. I guess the house requirements can be determined by the plumber.
            dk

Participant

Robert,
              Thanks for the help…I’m gathering info. I guess the house requirements can be determined by the plumber.
              dk

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This