e coli in Salem, NY

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing e coli in Salem, NY

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

The folowing post was taken from a water technology web site. I think this is getting more common and agree with this water treatment dealer. What do you plumbers think about this? I don’t think the public needs to be sold on the idea of water treatment anymore. It would seem to me that if you do not have a purifier in your home it may be a good idea to use bottled water for the summer. David F. Walling

e coli in Salem NY: 5/24/2001 8:36:42 PM (0)

Here is a good example what people will find in their taps one day or is it already their?
        900 residents and 30 businesses found this out the hard way.
        they insure their homes,businesses,cars,boats and their life, but they don’t own a water purifier WOW
        I guess having some knowledge in the water business pays off for some.Filter or be the filter is my trade mark.More education needs to be given out by the government called prevention measures.

Participant

I see you believe that the government should provide free universal education to adults in the area of personal and public safety. Should it be voluntary or mandatory?

Or should it be the job of private companies with a direct interest in the safety of their customers?

Participant

I believe that the government is already much too involved in our lives already but an education program sponsored by Uncle Sam wouldn’t be a bad idea. I would like to see more active education to the everyday citizens (not just the people looking in to water quality) sponsored (paid for) by the United States Government and orchestrated by the WQA (Water Quality Association) and the NSF (National Sanitation Foundation) both organizations have published many helpful consumer oriented publications. I would like to see more utilities get involved in education as well. Some of the water problems have been swept under the table. I would like to see more research placed on reverse osmosis as point of treatment or at least recognize the valuable contribution RO plays in public safety. This is a problem that won’t go away the power issue in California and the fact we are over using our recourses will only get worse with population growth. Please don’t get me wrong I realize reverse osmosis systems use more water than it makes but it doesn’t change the water it rejects. That water can be used for other purposes in the home before it goes into the drain.

Respectfully David F. Walling

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This