dish washer conversion

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing dish washer conversion

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I wasnt for sure if this was the place to go but I need help in converting my portable dish washer to an under the counter one. What do I need and how do I runn my water and drain lines?It will be at the end of my kitchen counter. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and have a great day
        Birdiewings

Participant

I have never had a portable dishwasher, but I have installed an under the counter. If you have a disposal it is fairly easy. The disposal has a plug on the side that you remove and attach a flexible drainline (ask at the hardware store) the drainline clamps onto the side of the disposal and connects to the drain on the diswasher. Next you need to purchase a tee fitting for the hot water line and a flexible water line. Look under you sink, most newer sinks have a flexible hose to the water valve. you will need to install the tee fitting and split the water to the water valve on the sink and the other will go to the dishwasher. You will also need to install an electrical outlet somewere near the dishwasher. If you do not know about electricity do not do this part.

Participant

If it is a convertible dishwasher,it is easier since they are undercounter units converted to portables and you just have to remove the cabinet, wheels, drain and water lines to make it an undercounter again. For the regular units, you have to remove the wheels and top. The sides are not normally removeable since they hold the portable together. You have to remove the electric reel, drain and water hoses and purchase a new drain hose. Then you must cut openings in the side of the unit for the water, drain, and electric cord. Slide the unit into the opening, run the utilities through the holes. Connect the water, waste and electrical. The waste may have to go through an air gap depending on your codes. If you have a disposer, then the dishwasher/air gap drain can connect to its opening after the plug is knocked out of it. The connection to the hot water supply can be done in many ways depending on the type of connection you now have. The electric cord has to be plugged into an outlet with constant power, not the switched disposer outlet.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This