new source for fixtures, faucets,etc.

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing new source for fixtures, faucets,etc.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Hello fellow members,
        I am interested in your comments regarding a new business that I am about tojoin. I have spent over 20 years in the wholesale plumbing supply businessnd I know how important it is to the trade to get delivery of product on a
        timely basis. Most supply houses can’t have everything on the shelf, and many don’t focus well on the “special order” business. That’s where I come in. If your supply house doesn’t have the item you need, would it be helpful
        to you and/or your staff to have a website and a toll free 800 # where you could go to to get that product ordered and shipped out that same day?
        Ground UPS would be approximately $10.00 for a faucet or two, and next day delivery would be available for $20.00. Sinks, lavs, whirlpools etc would
        have a fixed freight amount.

Some of the product lines available are: Kohler, American Standard, Delta, Moen, Grohe, Hansgrohe, Hansa, Chicago, Sloan…… and many more!!

What do you think??

I think this is a good idea. __ YES __NO

I would order from a source like this. __ YES __ NO

Any comments here would be helpful and appreciated:

Thanks,
        Jim

Participant

Jim,
          My supply house does this already… I am confused how you would fit in. Please do not say middleman…
          Thanks,
          Bill
          The Local Plumber
          Tustin, California http://www.TheLocalPlumber.com

Participant

I agree with Bill
            [Edited by SylvanLMP on 13 May 2001]

Participant

What do you think??I think this is a good idea. __ NO I would order from a source like this. NO
              Any comments here would be helpful and appreciated:

The rason I agree with Bill completly is one of my supply houses is a guy right next door to my office and already does this AS ANY good supplier would do.

Today with the Internet especially E bay and home centers there is no reason for anyone having to wait for parts.

Even custom made Cast Iron drains I was able to get (Pricey items) BUT nevertheless possible. I am sure ANY MANUFACTURER will sell to me if I am willing to pay the right price.
              Service is the key and no I do not need a middle man to make a phone call for me or my supply houses. Thanks,
              Jim
              your welcome Sylvan

[Edited by SylvanLMP on 13 May 2001]

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This