microbore radiators

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing microbore radiators

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • #274896

      can anybody tell me the difference between a micro bore radiator and a standard central heating radiator as i cannot get the same type of microbore radiator with the feed and return going into the same side .

    • #290699

      A microbore radiator has smaller passages. The manufacturer made it convenient to place both inlet and outlet close together. Another type of radiator can replace the microbore by repiping. There is not a great difference in the heat output when comparing similar effective exchange surfaces.

    • #290700

      To use a valve with both flow and return microbore pipes connected to it,
      the radiator has to be a type where the insertion tube can be placed within
      the bottom horizontal channel. The reason for fitting the insertion tube is
      to provide separation between water flowing into the radiator and that
      flowing out of it. If this tube is not fitted, water would not enter the
      radiator/very poor flow into the radiator, since the valve inlet and outlet
      are concentric within the union that screws into the radiator.

      On some radiators, the valve connection is in form of a “balled” connection
      welded onto the rear of the panel. This type of radiator does not allow
      insertion tube to be fitted, therefore it is only suited for single
      connections be they microbore or small bore. Insertion tube can be an 8 mm
      plastic or copper tube. (for you the size may differ).

      I hope above will help
      Thankfully we REAL plumbers do know heating LOL

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This