Faucet repair

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Faucet repair

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • #272420

      Reading your 12/2/98 Moen shower
      faucet repair, i have a question:
      do you need a special tool to take
      off a Moen pull handle, after
      removing the coverplate and screw?
      We have 5 Moen faucets and all need
      something done !! The sink ones
      seem somewhat the same……i see
      the brass retainer on the sink one,
      but do I need a special tool?
      Thank you very much for your time.

    • #285715

      Moen has 2 seperate types of cartridge pullers. The first type is the old stlye and the stem will come out of the cartridge and there is a piece that pulls out the remaining cartridge. The second type pulls the newer cartridges out as 1 piece.

      So the short answer to your question is “yes” there is a special tool you will need.

    • #285716

      Those tools are pricey. I was able to rent one from the hardware store where I bought the insert.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This