Maniblock Systems W/ PB

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Maniblock Systems W/ PB

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 23 years ago by Avatar photoGuest.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Any problems with a maniblock plumbing system, installed around 95, using poly butelyne, with copper crimps. All the runs are home runs with no connections in wall or through the attic. No signs of leakage anywhere. Wasn’t the problem the plastic or aluminum crimp connectors and not the actual pipe? Any info will be appreciated.

Participant

Yes, The aluminum crimps were used a very short time before the copper crimps were recommended and the aluminum crimps dropped. The celcon fittings with the (looks like nylon) compressions didn’t seem to hold well without drips. The copper crimp on copper or brass fittings still hold after two decades as long as the tool crimp setting was correct.

Participant

Thanks for your reply, so the pipe is not the problem? The unknown here is how well the copper crimps were made, even without in the wall connections, if a crimp burst while no one is home, man the life boats. What would you recommend to someone buying this exsisting home?

Participant

Compared to copper line, the polybutylene tubing is a time bomb that can split or crack off without warning. I recommend retubing with copper. Rehau, Stadler, or Wirsbo fittings with pex may be an alternative for aggressive water sources.

Participant

Forgive me for sticking my comments into your correspondence. It happens we’re having a discussion about Manblock, Wirsbro, and the like. Also, about PEX as a good substitute for copper.
                Is Wirsbro a superior system? There’s a lot of comment and confusion, but not many solid amswers, so I guess we’d like to hear as many comments from experiences as possible.
                The use will be a residence built on a slab.
                :confused

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This