water leak

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing water leak

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 23 years ago by Avatar photofourth year.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I have a hot water leak and can’t find it. It’s under the concrete floor and a large area of the floor get hot. How do I pinpoint the leak? Are there special tools or instruments that I can rent or buy to find this leak?

Participant

quote:

Originally posted by alamoby:
          I have a hot water leak and can’t find it. It’s under the concrete floor and a large area of the floor get hot. How do I pinpoint the leak? Are there special tools or instruments that I can rent or buy to find this leak?

This is a JOKE posting correct?

EASIEST find there is. Want to be a real expert in finding under slab Hot water leaks?

Tell you what THE REALLY professional EXPERTS DO.

Get to a decent plumbing supply store BUY A BIG MOP then MOP the floor the SPOT that dries the fastest is the hottest, DO THIS several times to be certain.

Mark this spot HERE lies your DAMN LEAK. You just saved a service call that I charge $1,200 for location of hydronic leak.

Seriously if you have any other Leak detection questions contact MicroEngineering or My Tanya tell em Sylvan Sent you OR just E mail me. Sylvan

Participant

The leak is where the floor is hottest, but since your homeowner’s insurance will pay everything except the cost of actually repairing the pipe, call a leak locator company and they will pinpoint it for the plumber. Then call your insurance agent and finally the plumber. Have the plumber give you two bills. One for accessing the leak and replacing the concrete in the hole and the second one for repairing the pipe.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This