Help. Leak from toilet

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Help. Leak from toilet

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 23 years ago by Avatar photoracefanone.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I have a toilet that is leaking. I replaced the wax gasket and it is still leaking. Gets real bad when I flush. The water runs down the drain pipes. The flooring is wet. Could it be the flange? Any ideas? Would putty or other sealant work? Or do I need to call a plumber to replace the flange? Any ideas appreciated. Thank you.

Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Dunlar:
          I have a toilet that is leaking. I replaced the wax gasket and it is still leaking. Gets real bad when I flush. The water runs down the drain pipes. The flooring is wet. Could it be the flange? Any ideas? Would putty or other sealant work? Or do I need to call a plumber to replace the flange? Any ideas appreciated. Thank you.

Before you call a plumber, I would pull the toilet again, remove all the wax, and clean it completely with a solvent such as pvc primer. Do the same with the flange. inspect the flange for cracks once it’s clean. Check your floor to see if it’s still level. Sometimes if the toilet has leaked enough, it can cause the floor to swell and become out of plumb.

Participant

You need a plumber to find out what is wrong with it. Do not start replacing flanges, etc. until you know that what the problem is.

Participant

You might check between the tank and the bowl,if you have a two piece toiletnd make sure its not leaking from the tank to bowl gasket and running down the back of the toilet when flushed.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This