shower

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing shower

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 23 years ago by Avatar photoGuest.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

The showerbase in my shower is hollow and theres a lot of give when I step on to it. Whats the best way to stabilize it? Ive looked all over with no luck-Help!

Participant

If your base is made of fiberglass, you can contact a company that repairs them. They can inject a compound underneath the base to support it.

Participant

I’ve heard of concrete being piped under showers and tubs but I’m not certain this is considered a good practice.

Participant

Hello, This is a common problem with older tub/shower units. They can however be repaired in place in just a few short hours ready to use the next day,if not that night. The cost of this is much cheaper than the replace cost. You can find a tub repairman in the phone book , plumbing supply houses or plumbers may be able to help you locate one in your area. You can check out glas-tech.com It has information and free tips on it, some are no brainers and some might surprise you. Good luck!

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This