Shower drips after use

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Shower drips after use

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 23 years ago by Avatar photoGuest.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

After shuting off the shower it drips and a good rate for about 3 min. or more. How do I fix this situation?

Avatar photoRobert Stephen Morton
        Participant

Drill or enlarge one of the shower holes at the top of the rose, this will allow air to enter the rose when water is turned off.

Participant

turn the rose so the outlet is level,this stops the air entering the rose which lets the water out. dont drill the rose, if there was supposed to be a big holoe in it the manufacturer would have put one in

Avatar photoRobert Stephen Morton
            Participant

I agree that the manufacturers would have put a big hole if necessary, howeve we live in a big world and nat all things are equal.
              Im sure you have, in the past had to adjust a ball float for example.
              The temperature of water emmanating from the main in North Queensland is somewhere in the vicinity of 26deg c. I believe that I would be seriously negligent as would you, if you knew the implications of the growth of Legionella within the rose, so that the person who showered copped a burst of load of legionella spores. Studies carried out in Australian Aged Care facilities, have shown a increase of Flue related deaths amongst aged ppersons who consistently shower early in the morning. Consequently it is suggested that the whole shower combination is drained at night. Let the rose drain.

Participant

the whole in the rose will only drain the rose, not the whole combination.

“Consequently it is suggested that the whole shower combination is drained at night” <---- who does ?

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This