AS/NZS 3500.5 Isolating Valves

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing AS/NZS 3500.5 Isolating Valves

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hi…Just a quick question, I was reading through the new Standards part 5 Domestic installations and in section 2.10 under Isolating Valves page 27 it states that water services shall have isolating valves installed in locations as listed in table 2.4 which covers just about everything firstly are the application of these Isolating (stop) valves new? and is this mandatory and if so when dose it take affect???

Thanks in advance Jim

Avatar photoRobert Stephen Morton
        Participant

Depends on where your based. In QLD The Standard Sewerage & water Supply Act states that AS 35001.1,1.2, 1998 2.1,2.2 1996 4.1,4.2 1997 are the APPLIED PROVISSIONS and with fines of up to $12500 for non compliance. These Standards are Performance Based and as such you follow or prove the equivelant- this is rather easy because of previous regulations.

Participant

Thanks Robert

I was lead to believe that these valves are to be fitted Australia wide i am based in Vic

Avatar photoRobert Stephen Morton
            Participant

Hey Jem, you have enlightened me, I didnt think they had rules in Victoria! They can’t even play football down there.Up the Bronco’s

Participant

Yeh Robert and there called Auzie Rules not Vic rules

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This