water miser water softener

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing water miser water softener

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Has anyone had any experience with the WATER BOSS water treatment systems. They’re supposed to soften water and filter dirt and sediment and reduce chlorine and the big plus is that they regenerate using only 15 to 21 gallons of water. that’s the part that got my attention. most other softeners use 60 to 120 gallons of water to regenerate. I would appreciate any teatimonials because I would like to know if the claims are true and if the results are satisfactory. thanks for any responses.

Participant

It could be true, but since there are three stages of regeneration that require water, namely, backwashing the mineral to remove filtered items, aspirating the brine and dispersing it through the media to recharge it, and finally rinsing the brine out of the media bed, I would be suspicious if this could be done properly with only 20-30 gallons of water, unless the media tank were very small.

Participant

forth year, it’s true that these systems are rather small, so maybe the catch is, that it regenerates more often so that it uses less water each time but more often. thanks

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This