shut-off valve

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing shut-off valve

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I am trying to find the shut off valve in my house. The only valve I can find is what appears to be a cold water valve coming out of my hot water heater. Does all the cold water run through this valve to my sinks and toilets? If I turn this valve off and run the water will I be able to repair a leaking angle valve on one of my toilets?

Participant

JH here is th BEST ADVICE I can give you. HIRE a plumber for ONE hour to show you all your shut off valves including gas.

Also have this plumber show you the main sewer trap/clean outs

THEN mark everything so next timne YOU dont need his/her services.

You honestly do not want to go around just shuting of valves.

Hey have a great one

Participant

Sombudy must hav attache the hot water to the toilet if it is hot too. Make sur the hot water is off then flush to see if the toilet is hot. If the toilet dosent get hot than the cold water is not attached and it is separat so you can turn off all the cold water in the house to make fix the valv. Get the new valve first at Hom Depot if they hav it.

Participant

Sylvan, I am shocked at your advice. It had to take a lot of self control Roflmao

Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Plumber Bob:
                Sylvan, I am shocked at your advice. It had to take a lot of self control Roflmao

Bob I am sure I have no idea what your talking about? (WINK) These fine folks come on here seeking advice and we try to offer them the best advice possible with some type of explanation.

Why just this morning I told some plumbing engineer how impressed I am with Walfords advice on heating and his answers to vaarius plumbing questions.

I am sure Wallford really knows his plumbing and heating. He is still going to let me know about the Leslie steam stations and how to calibrate the pheumatic controllers as he is a HTG guy he said.

Great thing we have him on this list.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This