Self-build Towel Radiator

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Self-build Towel Radiator

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Keymaster

Here are some interesting questions for all you experts out there….

Has anyone ever tried to fabricate their own TOWEL RADIATOR using 22mm and 15mm copper tube with ‘Yorkshire’ fittings ?

I imagine it would be about 600mm wide by 1700mm high. The outside frame in 22mm tube for stability, and the horizontal cross members in 15mm tube.

Are there likely to be any problems in fabrication or when up and running ? When complete, I will get the unit pressure tested…

Are there any regulations against an idea such as this ?

I intend fitting a thermostatic valve to the inlet and on/off outlet valve. The system will be powered by the Baxi 105e Combi.

How can the btu output be calculated ?

Any guidance as to where to get the whole thing chromed when complete, and if the chroming is prohibitively expensive ?

If you can advise… then dont hold back. I need to know that what I am thinking of doing, is above all, safe.

Regards
        Sally

aka WorkieTicket
        “Dont be part of the problem….
        be part of the answer”

Participant

From the description, the output of the entire warmer would approximate the output equal to one foot of baseboard at 600 btuh at 180F. The codes in each country vary, but the entire assembly is more akin to a group of pipes than an appliance. You might find some body shops still chroming custom auto bumpers, so the tubes could be dipped and chromed there.

The Institute where I worked once had to test the heating output of a bronze statue copy of the Pieta.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This