PLEASE HELP!!! Low/No Water Pressure in Bathtubs

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing PLEASE HELP!!! Low/No Water Pressure in Bathtubs

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I have a 15 year old house & just recently the cold & hot water pressure to the bathtub spouts have been drastically reduced to almost a trickle. It takes approximately 1/2 an hour to fill the tub. I have copper pipes not galvanized, I had a new water heater installed about 4 years ago & haven’t had any work done to the water heater since the installation. And I’ve replaced the spouts once myself without any success & then I had a plumber replace the spouts, again without any success. The second plumber
        inspected the spouts & had no clue as to what was causing the problem. The pressure to the shower heads are better but less than the rest of the house. And the pressure everywhere else in the house is fine. The spout is the type that you pull out (towards you) & turns one way for the hot,the other way for the cold water & you have to pull the diverter up in order for the water to go to the shower head. Since the pressure is low for both hot,cold & only effects the bathtub spouts & no other faucet/spout in the house. Does anyone have any ideas of what could be causing this & is there anything I can do besides tearing down the wall &
        replacing all the pipes? Any help,
        suggestions,ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Participant

What brand name faucet do you have?

Participant

Could be problem with faucet,sounds
            like you have Moen faucet.I’ve seen
            problems with cartridge’s or may be
            diverter spout. Most service plumbers should be able to help.

Participant

“Wallingford Plm+Htg” & “Russ”- Thanks for your replies. Russ, you’re correct both are Moen 5-5 1/2 inch die cast spouts with the pull up diverter and single handle. I thought it was as simple as the cartridge or spout also, but I purchased new spouts and still had the same problem. So I called the first plumber who tried to replace them again and still little pressure. And the second plumber had no idea what was causing the problem since we tried replacing the cartridge and then the entire faucet(filler) & he wanted to “go into the wall the investigate.” That’s when I figured I’d better get so more imput before going that route. It is just WEIRD that both faucets lost pressure within a matter of about 10 days.

Participant

Wahoo, one last thought.Could also be balancing spool if not built into cartridge. Moen may bein valve
                body.Russ

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This