replaceing a bathtub

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing replaceing a bathtub

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

After I remove the tiled wall and wallboard behind it, how do I remove the steel/porcelin bathtub?

Participant

Flip it onto its front apron, rotate it in place and slide it out.

Participant

Better unhook the drainline first

Participant

Spoken like a helper. Sylvan your correct when you said never let a helper out of the cage alone.

Before you take out the tub you may find it It may be advantageous to disconnect the waste connection and possibly remove the tub spout so you have room to work.

It is scary how the helpers today are so lax in training.

Sylvan You are so right on the money never have a helper enter you home other then for cleaning up the mess left by the mechanics.

Participant

Well, I thought the things like, remove the hot water index button, remove the screw, pull off the handle, and unscrew the escutcheon. Repeat for the other one or two knobs. Remove the drywall or other wall covering. Shut off the water and disconnect the faucet from the pipes since you will probably be replacing the faucet. Then remove the right hand screw from the overflow plate, then the left one, and finally unscrew the drain stopper. These steps would be obvious to any but the most incompetent, but then an incompetent person should not be trying to remove a tub in the first place. Also, if the drain plug does not unscrew, and you cannot get to the tailpiece slip nut, I have pulled many of them out of the drain line.

Participant

Hey Bob I just got in and saw this posting.

Why bother trying to educate an incompendent HELPER that “assumes” everything

Bob, now more then ever before in my life can fully understand WHY more and more folks are doing it themselves.

Not to save money BUT they want the job done right.

There are too many stumblebums assuming,out in the field with lack of training.

Bob do like I did to avoid idiots working for you HIRE strictly mechanics.

Did you ever read the idiot remark about the “pumber charging too much for a thermocouple”

$140 was too much money according to a helpers mentality.

The “helpers” pea brain cannot comprehend that their education cost some poor contractor MONEY as education doesnt come free.

This helpers lack of gray cells doesnt understand that the van to get to the job cost money.

The helpers mind set ASSUMES these vans have no insurance or run on sun power and not gas which has sky rocketed in prices.

The helper empty head ASSUMED these vans come stocked with materials when the contract “found them”

The helpers air space between their ears “ASSUMED” the contractors truck was waiting infront of the job WAITING for the phone to ring thus no traveling to and from the job counts even though the brain dead helper “ASSUMED” they should get paid for non productive time.

Bob rather then get upset why dont you “ASSUME” that helpers are idiots UNLESS they come from Canada or other places where testing is really required and if the helpers are indded morons these trade gulds will boot them out.

Have a great week end Bob and consider the sourse.

Participant

It’s nice to see that another pro has come to this site.Anyone can play this game BOB.Why didn’t a real pro like you suggest that the water be turned off?This way the faucet can be removed making the job easier since most tub faucets ars installed 12 to 15 inches above the ledge.Try answering some postings your self BOB instead of hiding behind Sylvan.We all know how great he is,let’s see what you have.

Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Wallingford Plm+Htg:
                      It’s nice to see that another pro has come to this site.Anyone can play this game BOB.Why didn’t a real pro like you suggest that the water be turned off?This way the faucet can be removed making the job easier since most tub faucets ars installed 12 to 15 inches above the ledge.Try answering some postings your self BOB instead of hiding behind Sylvan.We all know how great he is,let’s see what you have.

Wall, You proved Sylvan right again by your comments about removing the showerbody. Hey handy man didn’t Sylvan say “remove tub spout”? I have a New York State license and must agree anyone can pass the NYS testing as you have proved many times over and over.

I would love for you to take either the New Jersey test or even Connecticut forget about you ever taking the NYC exams as you haven’t got a clue to proper plumbing

Take my word for it Your the kind of stumble bum folks should be on the look out for.

Bob Licensed in 3 states

Participant

Bob,I think your a little confused buddy.I read Sylvans posting to see where he said to remove the tub spout,it turns out that you said it.I’m starting to think that “BOB” is just a figment of Sylvans imagination.It seems all you do is stand behind Sylvan.What’s up “BOB”? Are you a real person?A pro with three licenses and you can’t stand alone. Sylvan…I mean Bob,will we start seeing you answering some postings?

Participant

Way to go Wall!! I think you nailed Bob, or Sylvan or “Bob-Sylvan” LOL. I’ve been following this thread and was a little suspicious of “Bob” when he used the term”stumblebum”, one of Sylvan’s favorite terms and also when he quoted a portion of your posting, another Sylvan trait. Let’s see if PlumberBob makes a return visit.

Participant

I’ve got to agree with Joshua. Is Sylvan suffering from multiple personalities?? Should we address him as B-ob? or S-ylvan? I know.Let’s call him for what he’s really full of: B.S.

Participant

When Sylvan created “BOB” he gave him 3 licenses but he didn’t give him a brain.In the Melting drain posting “BOB” pops up again only to pat Sylvan on the back.If you read it you will see that “BOB” uses Sylvans words and also the same type of spacing.We also learned that “BOBS” wife likes Sylvan too.

Participant

Very good, observation, Holmes!! I didn’t notice the spacing similarities between “Bob” and B.S., er I mean, Sylvan. Well done!Mr. Watson

Viewing 12 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This