Wall hung toilet – installation

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Wall hung toilet – installation

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I have a Kohler “Wellington” Wall hung toilet that leaks over time. Materails used are 3″ PVC straight thru connection with wax ring at connection to bowl. I looked for information on the correct procedure to install this but was told that a flange was not to be used. Is there surposed to be a flange used? Or is there a special type of wax ring that I need to buy?

If you have the correct carrier for it, then there is no place that you could put a flange. You should use the impregated felt washer designed for the carrier, but if you use a wax ring, you must use the one with the felt insert marked “for use with wall hung toilets”.

quote:

Originally posted by fourth year:
      If you have the correct carrier for it, then there is no place that you could put a flange. You should use the impregated felt washer designed for the carrier, but if you use a wax ring, you must use the one with the felt insert marked “for use with wall hung toilets”.

Thanks for the info, the carrier is correct but “impregnated felt washer” never saw this. Where does one get this? Is there a pro/con between the differences between felt and neoprene? Again, thanks for the help!

The impregnatd felt one comes with the carrier and most places that sell them have them or can get it. The neoprene ones work also, but since they will dry out and harden eventually, they require occasional replacement

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This