Faucet 1 week old with low pressure

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Faucet 1 week old with low pressure

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Hello… I’m having trouble with faucets at my kitchen sink. The faucets are the combination facuet/sprayer in one wand type. I have a well with some sediment problems despite filtration. Last week I had the old (2 yrs) faucet replaced becuse there was hardly any water coming out of it (hot or cold) despite pressure being fine throughout the rest of the house. I removed the wand and nozzle head and found no deposits. The pressure was still low without the wand on. Replacing the faucet corrected the problem (or so I thought). Now, suddenly the pressure in the new faucet has been greatly reduced. With the old and new faucet, both hot and cold water pressure have been affected equally. The old and new faucets are respectable name brands. What could be happening? Could sediment accumulate that much in less than a week? How could it be that this is the only faucet affected in the house? If the problem is in the main lines leading to the faucet, wouldn’t hot and cold be affected unequally? Our house is only 2 years old. Thanks for any advice!

Participant

Remove the aerator and run the hot and cold water full blast to remove any sediment that may be in the line leading to this faucet. When full flow is accomplished replace aerator and your back in business.

Every once in a while check the aerator screen for possible sediment build up VERY easy to clean.

Participant

unscrew your spout from hose and check for good pressure , if still bad then check for kinked supply lines. if they are okay shut off stops and disconnect supplys at faucet there is an anti-siphon device installed in each supply line on this type of faucet. dig it out with a small screwdriver and throw it in the trash. hook every thing back up and check for good flow, if still bad use the same small screw driver and dig the check valve out of the spout handle.throw that sucker in the trash also….lots of luck..the service god.

Participant

unscrew your spout from hose and check for good pressure , if still bad then check for kinked supply lines. if they are okay shut off stops and disconnect supplys at faucet there is an anti-siphon device installed in each supply line on this type of faucet. dig it out with a small screwdriver and throw it in the trash. hook every thing back up and check for good flow, if still bad use the same small screw driver and dig the check valve out of the spout handle.throw that sucker in the trash also….lots of luck..the service god.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This