Hot Water Heater Maintenance

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Hot Water Heater Maintenance

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I would like to know if there is any service that I can perform as a homeowner to improve the capacity and response of my 7 year old gas 40 gallon hot water heater. SHoudl I turn off the water supply and drain under gravity to remove any scale? or should I drain under pressure from the bottom valve or should I drain it at all? It seems to have lost some capacity.

Participant

From:In Reply to: Hot Water Heater Maintenance posted by Mark Kenney on December 31, 1999 at 18:21:51:: I would like to know if there is any service that I can perform as a homeowner to improve the capacity and response of my 7 year old gas 40 gallon hot water heater. SHoudl I turn off the water supply and drain under gravity to remove any scale? or should I drain under pressure from the bottom valve or should I drain it at all? It seems to have lost some capacity.If you have a substantial build up of scale in the tank then it could reduce the capacity or your tank. I have flushing instructions on my website if you want to take a look.Bill

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This