Hot water runs out too soon.

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Hot water runs out too soon.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I have a natural gas hot water tank and am getting less and less hot water from it. Maybe a 1/4 of a tub full now. Three years ago there was lots.I wonder if it is filled with sediment or corrosion. Is there some way to flush it? Or do I just replace it?How do you check for a dip tube break?Thanks for any ideas.Chris

Participant

: I have a natural gas hot water tank and am getting less and less hot water from it. Maybe a 1/4 of a tub full now. Three years ago there was lots.: I wonder if it is filled with sediment or corrosion. Is there some way to flush it? Or do I just replace it?: How do you check for a dip tube break?: Thanks for any ideas.: ChrisChris, It could be that you have a large amount of sediment in your tank or a damaged dip tube. To check the dip tube, remove the nipple screwed into the cold water inlet of your water heater and pull it out. I have dip tube information and flushing instructions in the water heater section of my website.Hope this helps Bill

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This