Low water pressure

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Low water pressure

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Avatar photoAl Joevid B. Mirasol

The water pressure to my tub spout in both my bathrooms has gradually reduced to almost nothing. The pressure to the shower heads seem fine and the pressure to the bathroom sinks and the pressure to rest of the house is fine. I’ve changed the cartridge and there was no change. A plumber changed the cartridge and still no change. Another plumber came and had no idea what the problem was. My water supply is from the county not a private well,etc. Could there be a clog in my supply line? And if so why is the pressure to the bath tubs effected? ANY suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Participant

You might be having a large build up of calcium or other hard deposits. Try unscrewing the tub spout and look at spout assembly. You may just need to replace the spouts.

Good Luck

Participant

Tony-
            I appreciate your reply. The first thing I did was to replace the valve and that had no affect. The first plumber that came over and checked for any clogs and then replaced the valve again with no results. I then went and purchased a new spout and installed it, again without any success. I had another plumber come over to check it out and explained what was done to try to fix the problem and he had no clue as to what could be causing the low pressure. Some people asked: how old the house was, did I have galvanized pipes and if I had a new water heater installed or worked on recently. So maybe a little more info may help. The house is approximately 20 yrs old and has copper pipes, I had a new water heater installed about 2-3 years ago and haven’t had any work done on it since. The bath tub spout is the type that you pull out (towards you) and you turn it left/right for cold/hot water. There’s a “peg” on top of the spout to operate the shower head. It takes approximately 30-45 minutes to fill the tub for a bath. The pressure to the shower head is better than the spout but I don’t think the pressure is what is should because I went to my next door neighbors to compare and
            her shower head pressure is greater than mine. And as I said, it is only affecting the two bath tubs and not any other water outlet. Besides tearing down the walls and
            putting in all new pipes is there anything else you can think of that is causing this? Again, I appreciate your reply.

Thanks,
            Gary

You might be having a large build up of calcium or other hard deposits. Try unscrewing the tub spout and look at spout assembly. You may just need to replace the spouts.

Good Luck

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This