Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing low flow aerator

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I am looking for a low flow aerator
        that has a flow rate of 0.5 gpm to
        retrofit to existing faucets

Participant

I have never seen a flow rating for aerators, and cannot imagine how they would be affected by low flow rate. Can you be more specific about what you are trying to accomplish?

Participant

Almost all new faucets and shower heads have a flow control device installed.

If you want to retrofit an existing aerator contact either Creed or Sexuer or one of the better faucet replacement parts stores.

During the greater NYC toilet change out a lot of aerators had these discs that also limited the GPM rate.

If you live in a big city either the gas supplier Or the local water department will give you several of these devices for free, reasoning conserving water especially hot water conserves natural resources.

You can also contact your local plumbing supply.

If you have a licensed master plumber in your area they can instal a flow restrictor directly in the supply piping for the faucets in question with less possibility of sediment causing a blockage problem.

I install some devices on the out let of hot water heaters/boilers to make sure the flow rate does not exceed the make up so thus insuring my accounts have almost a constant supply of hot water when needed while still saving a bundle on fuel costs.
            Good luck

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This