compatibility of american fixtures to french plumbing

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing compatibility of american fixtures to french plumbing

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I bought an old house in France and am in the process of renovating it. I’ve found that I can purchase fixtures much less expensively here in the U.S. than I can there. My question is; Does anyone know if there are connectors available that go from 3/8″ and 1/2″ to their respective metric sizes? Or any other suggestions re:connecting american
        taps, shower valves etc. to metric
        supply lines?
        Thanks
        John Dufurrena

Participant

quote:

Originally posted by baskodoc:
          I bought an old house in France and am in the process of renovating it. I’ve found that I can purchase fixtures much less expensively here in the U.S. than I can there. My question is; Does anyone know if there are connectors available that go from 3/8″ and 1/2″ to their respective metric sizes? Or any other suggestions re:connecting american
          supply lines?
          Thanks
          John Dufurrena

Participant

3/8″ and 1/2″ male iron and female irons are standard adapters with the other end at 15mm. I cannot see a problem as far as fittings are concerned. You may find fitting onto a bathtub a problem as majority bath mixers are wall mounted- but then again these can be converted. Connections are at 150mm for wall mounted.

Sorry about the double posting.

quote:

Originally posted by baskodoc:
            supply lines?
            Thanks
            John Dufurrena

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This