Gas boiler problems

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Gas boiler problems

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Adam Montone

I’m having problems with my gas boiler not heating properly. The temperature only goes up to 140 and continues running constantly? Any ideas? Its ran all day and never shut down. I finally shut it down as it wasn’t putting out enouogh heat to the baseboards.

Participant

There is no way to be sure from the given information, but the most likely cause is a change in the gas input probably due to a pressure reduction. If the system always was that way, there is another reason. You need an experienced gas fitter/plumber to inspect your combustion system.

Participant

Chessnut,
      Check the temperture setting
      in aquastat,most likly set
      too low. Should be set
      around 180-190f for proper
      heat output

Russ
      Participant

Chessnut,
      Boiler has limit control for
      temp, could be set too low.
      Check setting, should be at
      180-190f.This should take care
      of problem.

Russ
      Participant

Chessnut,
      High limit setting may be set
      too low,should be 180-190F for
      heat output at baseboard to
      give off enough heat.

Russ
      Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Harold hydronic.net:
      There is no way to be sure from the given information, but the most likely cause is a change in the gas input probably due to a pressure reduction. If the system always was that way, there is another reason. You need an experienced gas fitter/plumber to inspect your combustion system.

kenny b
      Participant

looks like were missing some replys here. I can’t help wondering if maybe they were removed because they had different opinions then the chosen few.

Participant

Could be that some are missing Kenny. A high limit aquastat set too low would shut the burner off because of reaching the low setting. This person says the burner runs all day.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This