Moen diverter pin sticks

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing Moen diverter pin sticks

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • #274581
      Henry Mills

      I have a fairly old Moen tub/shower faucet. The diverter is a 1/4″ pin in the faucet escutcheon, an arrangement I don’t see in the plumbing parts sections of hardware stores. Now the diverter is very hard to push in. Do I need to replace it? Can I get parts? Or can I replace the whole setup without having to get behind the tiles in the wall? Before I call a plumber, I’d at least like to know what level of repair I’m likely to be in for.

    • #289982
      Wallingford Plm+Htg

      You should be able to do this your self.Remove the handle and faceplate.At this point you will see the diverter.It can be easily removed with pliers or adjustable wrench.If everything looks intact little cleaning and plumbers grease will do the trick.Do this on a day when supply houses are open.It’s usally a stock item.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This