Water running

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Water running

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

There is a high pitched noise coming from our toilet. It sounds like water is running through it…when I flush the toilet, it goes away, until the tank fills, then it seems to come back. When I turn off the water from the valve behind the toilet, it goes away! Any ideas???Thanks…

Participant

: There is a high pitched noise coming from our toilet. It sounds like water is running through it…when I flush the toilet, it goes away, until the tank fills, then it seems to come back. When I turn off the water from the valve behind the toilet, it goes away! Any ideas???: Thanks…I had one experience that produced the same result. Water at the input sometimes carries with it small debris that gets clogged inside the valve that allows water into the tank, causing a small stream of water to continually come out of the valve. Look for any water movement in the vicinity of the noise. The solution is to disassemble the valve [with the supply line turned off!], flush it out and reassemble. Good Luck

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This