Forced Air Hear Vs Baseboard Hot Water

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Forced Air Hear Vs Baseboard Hot Water

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I will be building a 2500 sqft log home and Im trying to understand the advantages and disadvantages of each system. Is one system more beneficial in a log home? Any recomendations? Anyone out there who has gone through this senerio?

Participant

Hot water heating is a more even heat, but humidification and air conditioning are more difficult than with forced air.: I will be building a 2500 sqft log home and Im trying to understand the advantages and disadvantages of each system. Is one system more beneficial in a log home? Any recomendations? Anyone out there who has gone through this senerio?

Participant

Have you considered forced air using hotwater as you heat source? Problems with log houses are the incredible amount of settling. all of your copper runs to the basebaords will need expansion joints. radiant panel(floor/ceiling/wall) may be a better choice : I will be building a 2500 sqft log home and Im trying to understand the advantages and disadvantages of each system. Is one system more beneficial in a log home? Any recomendations? Anyone out there who has gone through this senerio?

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This