HOW TO FIND BROKEN UNDERGROUND WATER PIPE?

Home Forums Public Forums General Plumbing HOW TO FIND BROKEN UNDERGROUND WATER PIPE?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I AM IN NORTHERN CALIF AND SUFFERING FROM LOW WATER RECOVERY SO I’VE HAD TO HAUL WATER 3 TIMES BUT EVEN WITH EXTREME CONSERVATION MEASURES I’M LOSING 4-5 HUNDRED GALLONS FROM MY HOLDING TANK EVERY 2-3 DAYS-I’M THINKING I HAVE AN UNDERGROUND LEAK SOMEWHERE. ANY IDEAS-PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN THANKS
        JDL

Participant

Plumbers with the proper leak detection equipment can locate leaks in underground piping. If your leak is in the tank itself you may want to call a company named “American Leak Detection”. I know that they have some in the Sacramento area.

Participant

hey rhaines thanks for the tip-we have a lead on the leak detection equipment and are hoping to do most of the work ourselves so it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.do you live in calif? part of my intrigue with this site was that it was international-just curious-thanks again…JDL

Participant

JDL, I live in the Los Angeles area. If your leak is in a pipe, it makes the detection a lot easier if you know exactly where the pipe is buried, then listen along the entire length of the pipe. Once you think you know where the leak is, put some air pressure on the pipe and it will make a much louder noise than the water and confirm the location before you start digging.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This