How do you test Sump Pump?

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives How do you test Sump Pump?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Our backyard is very saturated even though it has been several weeks since the last hard rains. The ground is very moist. Im concerned that our sump pump may not be working. Ive never seen our back yard so damp, and we havent had a lot of rain lately. Any suggestions? How can you test a sump pump? I dont see anything visible to test it. All I know is that its plugged in and the outlet is live. Other than that, I have no way to know if the sump pump even works. Thanks.

Testing a sump pump is an easy task, whether it is a pedestal or sumbersible. Basically, all you have to do is fill the sump with water and hope that the pump turns on. You probably have a submersible since you cant see the pump very well. Obviously you will have to remove the sump cover, if one is in place before you can fill it with water. Just try this and well go from there if it doesnt work correctly. Hope this helps.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This