Installin a drain in an outdoor patio

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Installin a drain in an outdoor patio

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I would like to install a drain in an outdoor concrete patio. The patio size is 19 ft. by 16. ft.. The pipe has an 8 ft. vertical drop with an approx.16 ft. horizontal run. It will drain out into my driveway and run into a drywell. I was wondering if 1 1/2 inch P.V.C. was big enough to handle the job. Thanks for any assistance.

It will do the job if you do not care how long the water has to sit before it all drains out. And a 1/2 pipe will get stopped up by almost every leaf that falls into it. Use at least 1 1/2 so that you can install it with drain fittings that have gradual turns rather than square corners.: I would like to install a drain in an outdoor concrete patio. The patio size is 19 ft. by 16. ft.. The pipe has an 8 ft. vertical drop with an approx.16 ft. horizontal run. It will drain out into my driveway and run into a drywell. I was wondering if 1 1/2 inch P.V.C. was big enough to handle the job. Thanks for any assistance.

: It will do the job if you do not care how long the water has to sit before it all drains out. And a 1/2 pipe will get stopped up by almost every leaf that falls into it. Use at least 1 1/2 so that you can install it with drain fittings that have gradual turns rather than square corners.: : I would like to install a drain in an outdoor concrete patio. The patio size is 19 ft. by 16. ft.. The pipe has an 8 ft. vertical drop with an approx.16 ft. horizontal run. It will drain out into my driveway and run into a drywell. I was wondering if 1 1/2 inch P.V.C. was big enough to handle the job. Thanks for any assistance.

Mike: I would not use less than 3 pipe if it were my house. 1 1/2 pipe could present serious problems years down the road and its doubtful it could keep up with any volume of water whatsoever.: It will do the job if you do not care how long the water has to sit before it all drains out. And a 1/2 pipe will get stopped up by almost every leaf that falls into it. Use at least 1 1/2 so that you can install it with drain fittings that have gradual turns rather than square corners.: : I would like to install a drain in an outdoor concrete patio. The patio size is 19 ft. by 16. ft.. The pipe has an 8 ft. vertical drop with an approx.16 ft. horizontal run. It will drain out into my driveway and run into a drywell. I was wondering if 1 1/2 inch P.V.C. was big enough to handle the job. Thanks for any assistance.

Thanks for the assistance. I decided to go with the 3 inch pipe. It meant some modifications underneath to handle the bigger tube, but it will pay of down the road. Again, thanks for the help!!!!: Mike: I would not use less than 3 pipe if it were my house. 1 1/2 pipe could present serious problems years down the road and its doubtful it could keep up with any volume of water whatsoever.: : It will do the job if you do not care how long the water has to sit before it all drains out. And a 1/2 pipe will get stopped up by almost every leaf that falls into it. Use at least 1 1/2 so that you can install it with drain fittings that have gradual turns rather than square corners.: : : I would like to install a drain in an outdoor concrete patio. The patio size is 19 ft. by 16. ft.. The pipe has an 8 ft. vertical drop with an approx.16 ft. horizontal run. It will drain out into my driveway and run into a drywell. I was wondering if 1 1/2 inch P.V.C. was big enough to handle the job. Thanks for any assistance.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This