Crane Dial-ese kitchen sink fixtures

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Crane Dial-ese kitchen sink fixtures

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I,m trying to replace an old dial-ese fixture on my kitchen sink. Its a double sided sink with dome shaped hot/cold, swivel spout and rubber hose sprayer. It was installed around 1949. I have not been able to find any replacement fixture that would fit this unique location and 45 degree angle of the fixture placement(I would also like to replace the broken plastic cover plate but realize this may be next to impossible). Thanx

Participant

Brian, I couldnt understand your problem. But let me say this… All kitchen sink faucets that I have ever seen mount in two holes that are eight inches apart (and then another hole for the sprayer, if equiped). If yours is not like that, repost your problem in different words and maybe someone can help. Or go to a very old hardware or plumbing store in your area and talk to the oldest guy there. Good luck.

Participant

Don: I guess you arent old enough. That Crane faucet mounts on the backsplash of a proprietary sink and nothing will take its place. And since Crane cleaned out their old stock about 10 years ago, it is unlikely that Brian will find anything to replace it. There are at least three other proprietary systems that have the same problem. American Standards tower sinks, American Kitchens backsplash mount, and GE/Hotpoints dishwasher/sink combination.: Brian, : I couldnt understand your problem. : But let me say this… : All kitchen sink faucets that I have ever seen mount in two holes that are eight inches apart (and then another hole for the sprayer, if equiped). : If yours is not like that, repost your problem in different words and maybe someone can help. Or go to a very old hardware or plumbing store in your area and talk to the oldest guy there. : Good luck.

Participant

HJ, Im old but got into plumbing late in life. Thanks for the info, Im always happy to learn something new…But I bet poor Brian was not happy to learn that he is apparently out of luck. Thanks again, Don

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This