American Standard toilet model 2002

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives American Standard toilet model 2002

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Searching for backflow preventer for a one-piece American Standard toilet model 2002, era late 1960s. American Std does not manufacture the part any longer, but are promoting a part for model 2003 which does NOT fit. In an attempt to improvise, a well-meaning friend sawed the old backflow preventer and ive been attempting to glue it back together to no avail – what adhesive is water submersible?

Participant

: Searching for backflow preventer for a one-piece American Standard toilet model 2002, era late 1960s. American Std does not manufacture the part any longer, but are promoting a part for model 2003 which does NOT fit. In an attempt to improvise, a well-meaning friend sawed the old backflow preventer and ive been attempting to glue it back together to no avail – what adhesive is water submersible?Irma, Do you know the part # on the backflow preventer you are trying to use now? there are 2 current backflow preventers made the correct one to use with the 2002 is #738051-07. We have used this replacement and have had good luck. If you need more info e-mail me. Good luck, Scott

Participant

: : Searching for backflow preventer for a one-piece American Standard toilet model 2002, era late 1960s. American Std does not manufacture the part any longer, but are promoting a part for model 2003 which does NOT fit. In an attempt to improvise, a well-meaning friend sawed the old backflow preventer and ive been attempting to glue it back together to no avail – what adhesive is water submersible?: Irma, Do you know the part # on the backflow preventer you are trying to use now? there are 2 current backflow preventers made the correct one to use with the 2002 is #738051-07. We have used this replacement and have had good luck. If you need more info e-mail me. Good luck, : Scott Scott, where might i purchase this item? Is this actually an American Standard part, or does somebody else manufacture it?

Participant

: : Searching for backflow preventer for a one-piece American Standard toilet model 2002, era late 1960s. American Std does not manufacture the part any longer, but are promoting a part for model 2003 which does NOT fit. In an attempt to improvise, a well-meaning friend sawed the old backflow preventer and ive been attempting to glue it back together to no avail – what adhesive is water submersible?: Irma, Do you know the part # on the backflow preventer you are trying to use now? there are 2 current backflow preventers made the correct one to use with the 2002 is #738051-07. We have used this replacement and have had good luck. If you need more info e-mail me. Good luck, : Scott Scott, I have a schematic of repair parts from American Standard, and (yes) it pictures part the backflow preventer assembly and lists two different numbers: non-vent #738050-07 and with vent-away #738051-07. I purchased #738050-07 since my unit, according to the plumber, is not a ventilated toilet tank. When this part is placed in the tank, along with the water control unit, the water control mount does not sit in the tank – it is approx 1/2 – 1 too high. Is #738051-07 my solution even though I do NOT have a ventilated toilet tank? Scott, thank you for any help you can give me on this; it is getting critical that this matter is resolved since i have Holiday guests coming. Scott, I would have sent this to your e-mail address, but could not establish that from this site. You see im relatively new at this

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This