Cracked Toilet Tank

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Cracked Toilet Tank

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I have a old toilet tank that bolts to the wall instead of the toilet bowl. It has some hairline cracks around the bolt holes, causing it to leak. Is there some way to repair this without replacing the tank? I want to stay with the old fashioned look.

Participant

As Dirty Harry said, Do you feel lucky? You must if you are going to gamble that those cracks will not develop into a major break. Once a crack starts, there is no guarantee that it will not continue and cause the tank to break into two pieces, and this could happen 5 minutes after you leave for a two week vacation.: I have a old toilet tank that bolts to the wall instead of the toilet bowl. It has some hairline cracks around the bolt holes, causing it to leak. Is there some way to repair this without replacing the tank? I want to stay with the old fashioned look.

Participant

I was thinking of linning the entire tank with something that would hold water and help keep the tank together, even if the tank did continue to crack. I have thought of using a liquid truck bed liner type product, or maybe lots of rubber cement and a rubber sheet, kind of like a rubber roof. I know this is a litle unconventional, but I really want to save the tank if it is at all possible. I dont know where to go to replace it.: As Dirty Harry said, Do you feel lucky? You must if you are going to gamble that those cracks will not develop into a major break. Once a crack starts, there is no guarantee that it will not continue and cause the tank to break into two pieces, and this could happen 5 minutes after you leave for a two week vacation.: : I have a old toilet tank that bolts to the wall instead of the toilet bowl. It has some hairline cracks around the bolt holes, causing it to leak. Is there some way to repair this without replacing the tank? I want to stay with the old fashioned look.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This