Sump Pump Smell

Home Forums Archives Old Bulletin Board Archives Sump Pump Smell

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I have two sump pumps. One has a pipe coming in from outside the house, the other is a backup in case of flooding (no inlet).The primary sump stinks like a SOB. I have bailed it dry & scrubbed it so clean you could eat off of it. Then, the next day, it smells like an outhouse again. What gives? It is a submersible pump if that helps…So there is always 8-12 inches of water in the basket.Thanks,Jeff

Participant

: I have two sump pumps. One has a pipe coming in from outside the house, the other is a backup in case of flooding (no inlet).: The primary sump stinks like a SOB. I have bailed it dry & scrubbed it so clean you could eat off of it. Then, the next day, it smells like an outhouse again. What gives? It is a submersible pump if that helps…So there is always 8-12 inches of water in the basket.: : Thanks,: Jeffsometimes ground water just stinks, it could be from vegetable matter buried hundreds of years ago or a sewer line leaking into soil. you might try fashioning a air tight cover for the sump pit with a vent line running to the outside.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • The forum ‘Old Bulletin Board Archives’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This